NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Officials in Orlando, Florida have released additional audio related to the March 24 incident in which a teenager fell from an amusement park ride and died.
Tire Sampson, 14, fell from the Orlando FreeFall Ride at ICON Park on March 24.
Additional audio of 911 calls made to authorities aired Tuesday on Fox News Digital from the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.
One person emotionally called authorities after Sampson fell in the Orlando Freefall.
ORLANDO FREEFALL: AMUSEMENT PARK SAFETY EXPERT SAYS TEEN ‘SOMEBODY KILLED’ AND CHARGES MUST BE FILED
“Someone just fell,” the caller said.
The 911 operator repeatedly tried to ask the caller where the incident happened, but several callers had trouble identifying the route, which recently opened in December.
“I don’t know, I don’t know. He needs help,” the caller said.
Another 911 caller said “someone had just fallen” from the Orlando FreeFall when the 911 operator asked where the incident had taken place.
ORLANDO FREEFALL: FLORIDA LAWMAKER CALLS FOR CLOSURE OF ‘EXHAUST GAP’ IN LAW AFTER TRAFFIC TEEN DEATH
“It’s the new ride on I-drive. Someone just fell off it.” the caller said. “Someone just died over there.”
Audio from 911 calls previously reported by Fox News Digital indicated that Sampson fell “right out of the seat.”
“The thing came down, and like when it got close to the bottom and hit the brakes, the guy fell off the seat, and bam. He went straight through the chair and just fell apart. It was the biggest slap I’ve ever heard in my life…like I saw it hit the ground,” the 911 caller said.
Video footage of the incident shows the Orlando FreeFall rides moments before the 14-year-old falls to his death.
A police report of the incident also released Monday on Fox News Digital says multiple witnesses told police that Sampson fell what appears to be halfway through the ride.
ORLANDO FREEFALL: FLORIDA ‘LOOPHOLE’ LAW MAY HAVE LEFT TEEN RIDER IN DEATH TRAP: EXPERT
When Sampson hit the ground, witnesses said he was still breathing, but unresponsive. Sampson was in Orlando, Florida, vacationing with friends.
The sheriff’s office has not released additional witness testimony and said there is an active investigation into the incident.
A manual for the The Orlando FreeFall ride says maximum passenger weight is just over 286 pounds. Sampson, who lived in Missouri, was 6-foot-5 and weighed 360 pounds.
According to video obtained by FOX 35 Orlando, a person can be heard asking, “Have you checked it out?” after Sampson fell off the ride.
“Yeah. The light was on,” one person said in the video.
“Are you sure you checked it?” one person said
“Yeah. The light was on. The light was on,” replied another.
FLORIDA FREEFALL TRAGEDY: STATE AGENCY HIRES LEGISLATIVE ENGINEER TO INVESTIGATE DEATH OF TEEN AMUSEMENT PARK
A wrongful death lawsuit was filed by Sampson’s family on March 25 against ICON Park, The Singshot Group, the ride’s manufacturer and the construction company that built the ride, according to FOX 35 Orlando.
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services released its engineering report commissioned by Quest Engineering in April, which says a “proximity sensor” for the harness used by Sampson was “manually loosened,” meaning Sampson was not properly secured in his seat.
Nikki Fried, Florida’s agriculture and consumer services commissioner, told a news conference that ‘malfunctions’ had been made to the seat’s proximity sensor that allowed a security light to come on , allowing Sampson to ride even if he was not “properly secured in the seat”. .”
FLORIDA FREEFALL TRAGEDY: THE AMUSEMENT PARK AT THE CENTER OF DEADLY TEEN FALL WAS BUILT IN DECEMBER
Samson’s harness had a proximity sensor that “was manually loosened, adjusted, and re-tightened to allow for a restraint opening of nearly seven inches,” according to the report.
Normally the range is about three inches, depending on the report.
In a statement to Fox News, Trevor Arnold, an attorney representing operator Orlando Slingshot, said the company followed all protocols and safety measures.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
“Orlando Slingshot cooperated fully with the state during the initial phase of its investigation, and we will continue to do so until it is formally concluded,” Arnold said. “All safety protocols, procedures and measures provided to us by the ride manufacturer were followed. Today’s report suggests a comprehensive review of design, safety, operation, restraint mechanisms and the history of the ride – which, of course, we welcome. We look forward to working with the Florida Legislature to implement changes in the industry, as the safety of our customers is always our top priority.”
The ride has been closed since March 24. Depending on the outcome of the department’s investigation, it could be closed permanently, Fried said at an earlier news conference.