An intruder has been removed from the set of I’m a Celebrityâ¦ Get Me Out of Here! after a security breach at the castle, ITV said.
It is understood that the intrusion occurred earlier in the week, before inclement weather conditions forced the show to pre-tap an episode on Friday as Storm Arwen hit the UK with winds reaching 98 mph.
A statement from the program said, âA security breach has been identified and an intruder has been kicked from the location with immediate effect.
“The safety of our celebrities and our production team remains our primary concern.”
The first week has been hectic at Gwrych Castle in North Wales, where the program is being filmed for a second year due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Richard Madeley announced on Thursday that he was leaving the show after being taken to hospital as a precaution when he fell ill in the early hours of the morning.
The TV star later said he felt “fit like a violin” and was “gutted” that the Covid restrictions meant he was unable to return to the show.
Friday’s episode of the ITV series was the first to be pre-taped due to weather conditions.
Co-hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly recorded their ties in the early evening as part of “precautionary measures” ITV put in place following severe storm warnings.
The duo posted a video of outside the castle ahead of the show, with the wind whipping and roaring in the background.
âYou probably heard that we had to tap the show a little earlier tonight because of the winds here in Storm Arwen,â Donnelly said.
âIt’s bad, isn’t it, it’s really windy. You can hear it, it shakes the tent, it might fly off, so we have to do it and get out of here, âMcPartlin said.
“It’s gotta get worse later so everyone’s afraid the satellite will go down and all that, so it’s a bit risky to do a live, so we’re gonna have to get it recorded tonight, which is the first time. that we’ve never done that, âDonnelly added.
He said, “It’s very windy, but it’s even worse than that, it was lentils for lunch, so Ant has a little wind too.”